WOODEN CABOOSE # 18452
Popular with children and railroad enthusiasts, the wood sided red caboose is located on the track side of the Chatham Railroad Museum. Constructed during 1910, in the New York Central shops, the caboose traveled over 1 million miles at the end of freight trains running between New York City and Chicago, ILL. The caboose has been fully restored with the lockers, conductor’s desk and cupola intact. An audio system provides the realistic sounds of a train rolling along the track with a whistle blowing and brakes squealing at stops.